No doubt you’ve heard it said that “Music calms the savage beast.”
While we wouldn’t recommend serenading a charging lion,we know firsthand how music can positively impact people’s emotions and lives.
So we’ve compiled playlists of thebest happy songs of all time to help ease the blues and make you feel good about yourself and life!
Table of Contents
The Best Happy Songs of All Time
Music can create soundscapes and ambiance that are soothing, positive, and relaxing. We selected songs that fall into this category in our happy playlists. Lastly, we chose songs that kept the subject cheerful and carefree.
We’ll start things off with our list of the 10 best happy songs of all time:
- “I Got You (I Feel Good)” – James Brown
- “Walking On Sunshine” – Katrina & The Waves
- “Three Little Birds” – Bob Marley
- “Dancing Queen” – Abba
- “I Can See Clearly Now” – Johnny Nash
- “It’s A Beautiful Day” – Michael Buble
- “Happy” – Pharrell Williams
- “The Way You Make Me Feel” – Michael Jackson
- “Can’t Stop the Feeling” – Justin Timberlake
- “Don’t Worry Be Happy” – Bobby McFarrin
These ten songs are a must for anyone’s “pick me up” playlist! We’re confident they’ll put a smile on your face and get you in a good mood.
Best Upbeat Songs
Upbeat music can have a powerful, positive effect on our lives. The energy of the groove and the catchy melody can lift our spirits when we’re down in the dumps.
Sports teams use these songs to get their fans pumped before the big game. And if you’re like us, you have an upbeat jam to get you ready in the morning or before you give a big presentation at work.
So we’ve taken the time to include thebest upbeat songsfor your playlist. We know life can be challenging, but we hope these twenty songs take the edge off the blues and keep you energized and staying positive.
Here’s our list of the20 best upbeat songs of all time:
- “You Make My Dreams” – Hall & Oates
- “September” – Earth, Wind & Fire
- “Mr. Blue Skies” – Electric Light Orchestra
- “I’m Still Standing” – Elton John
- “Don’t Stop Me Now” – Queen
- “I’m A Believer” – The Monkees
- “Heroes” – David Bowie
- “Girls Just Want To Have Fun” – Cyndi Lauper
- “Geronimo” – Sheppard
- “Thunder” – Imagine Dragons
- “Shake It” – Metro Station
- “Get Lucky” – Daft Punk
- “Good Life” – OneRepublic
- “Good Vibrations” – The Beach Boys
- “Shiny Happy People” – REM
- “Jump (For My Love” – The Pointer Sisters
- “Brave” – Sara Bareilles
- “Heart and Soul” – T’Pau
- “Jump” – Van Halen
- “Wannabe” – Spice Girls
Whether you play air guitar along with Eddie Van Halen or sing into a hairbrush pretending to be a Spice Girl, we know these songs will be a positive addition to your playlist!
Our Favorite Upbeat Song
We turned back the hands of time and selected this blast from the past. It’s a song that is so funky, energetic, and upbeat that we’re positive (see what we did there?) it will be a timeless happy song for years to come.
Earth, Wind & Fire released “September” in 1978, and it became one of their greatest hits of all time. We love how each instrument has its place in the song and doesn’t overpower the production.
The result is that this gem sounds as fresh today as it did when released. And the chorus is a guaranteed crowd-pleaser that’ll have you dancing and singing along in no time.
Happy Songs 2022
With the new year just underway, many of us are glad to say goodbye to 2021.
It was a challenging year that, if you’re like us, required a constant stream of upbeat songs to keep us motivated and positive!
We naturally included these in this compilation for 2021, and when this year nears the end, we’ll be sure to update you on our best happy songs for 2022.
Here’s our list of the 20 best happy songs of 2021.
- “Butter” – BTS
- “Shivers” – Ed Sheeran
- “I Feel Good” – Pitbull/Anthony Watts, DJ White Shadow
- “Don’t Be Shy” – Tiesto, Karol G
- “Love Again” – Dua Lipa
- “Don’t Go Yet” – Camila Cabello
- “Acapulco” – Jason Derulo
- “Friday” – Mufasa/Hypeman
- “My Head & My Heart” – Ava Max
- “Summer of Love” – Shawn Mendes/Tainy
- “Sweet Dreams” – Andra/Mara/Radio Killer
- “Clean” – Clean Bandit/Topic/Wes Nelson
- “A Second to Midnight” – Kylie Minogue/Years & Years
- “Electric” – Katy Perry
- “By Your Side” – Calvin Harris/Tom Grennan
- “Bed” – Joel Corry/RAYE/Davide Guetta
- “Floating Through Space” – Sia/David Guetta
- “Somebody” – Justin Bieber
- “Future Starts Now” – Kim Petras
- “Lifestyle” – Jason Derulo/Adam Levine/Maroon 5
Listening to these pop songs reminded us how our music can be like best friends: always there in a flash to cheer you up!
We’d love to hear what songs kept you going in 2021! Did you find some new ones? Or maybe you have some you’d like to drop in the comments below.
Our Favorite Happy Song 2021
For many, change is frightening. And yet, without change, we never grow or develop, or discover. How sad is that? German singer-songwriter Kim Petras cashes in on this notion in her dance hit, “Future Starts Now.”
The auto-tuned vocals set the stage for listeners to embrace the future and the change beyond the horizon. And if the dance tracks and drum beats don’t get you feeling upbeat, the lyrics will do the trick:
“Ain’t nobody gonna stop me, Don’t you let the music stop now, You’re more than just anybody, Don’t give up, the future starts now.” – Kim Petras
Happy Dance Songs
Did you know thatdoctorsagree that dancing can improve mood, self-esteem, physical fitness, and confidence? So if you’re feeling down and out, grab some friends and hit the dance floor!
To help you boogie away the blues, we’ve gathered twenty songs that will propel those happy feet and instill good vibrations deep into your marrow.
These are more than just feel-good songs about being happy. Our list features hand-picked dance grooves that transcend the times and set the mood for you to dance, dance, dance!
Here are our toe-tapping, boogie-woogie,happy dance songs!
- “I Wanna Dance With Somebody” – Whitney Houston
- “Shut Up And Dance” – Walk The Moon
- “Best Day of My Life” – American Authors
- “Happy Dance” – Mercy Me
- “Uptown Funk” – Bruno Mars
- “Stay” – The Kid LAROL/Justin Bieber
- “Dynamite” – BTS
- “Sugar” – Maroon 5
- “Poker Face” – Lady Gaga
- “So Good To Me” – Chris Malinchak
- “Wake Me Up Before You Go Go” – Wham
- “Don’t Stop Believin'” – Journey
- “What Makes You Beautiful” – One Direction
- “We found Love” – Calvin Harris/Rihanna
- “Put Your Records On” – Corinne Bailey Rae
- “Stonger (What Doesn’t Kill You)” – Kelly Clarkson
- “Ain’t No Mountain High Enough” – Marvin Gaye/Tammi Terrell
- “Call Me Maybe” – Carly Rae Jepsen
- “Cake By the Ocean” – DNCE
- “Love On Top” – Beyonce
Our list has a little bit of everything for everyone, whether you love grooving to Marvin Gaye or bouncing around with Beyonce. We’re positive these songs will fire up the dance floor and put out good vibes, too.
Our Favorite Happy Dance Song
You know, sometimes the most obvious choice is the best choice. When the song is called “Happy Dance,” and the groove is infectious, the lyrics are fun, and the energy is full throttle, we go with it.
We love the band’s vibe in the music video and the other characters in the music production. “Happy Dance” is guaranteed to make you get up and do a, well, happy dance!
Happy Songs About Life
Face it: life can be like a tsunami. One minute, you’re lying on the beach getting golden brown, and then out of nowhere, BAM! Life dunks you with saltwater and tosses you this way and that.
We can’t guarantee that having an upbeat playlist will prevent the waves of life from hitting you, but we can all agree they sure help us get through such misery.
We felt these songs spoke more about the qualities of a happy life, which is why you’ll want to add them to your playlist.
Here’s our list of the 20 best happy songs about life:
- “What A Wonderful World” – Louis Armstrong
- “We Are The Champions” – Queen
- “Man in the Mirror” – Michael Jackson
- “It’s My Life” – Bon Jovi
- “Over the Rainbow” – Israel “Iz” Kamakawiwo’ole
- “Anything’s Possible” – Lea Michele
- “Beautiful Day” – U2
- “Say Yes” – Michelle Williams/Beyonce/Kelly Rowland
- “Let’s Go Crazy”- Prince
- “Tightrope” – Janelle Monae
- “(You Make Me Feel Like) a Natural Woman” – Aretha Franklin
- “Pocketful of Sunshine” – Natasha Bedingfield
- “Shake it Off” – Taylor Swift
- “Juice” – Lizzo
- “Rosalita” – Bruce Springsteen
- “Hey Ya” – Outkast
- “On Top of the World” – Imagine Dragons
- “Hey, Soul Sister” – Train
- “Suddenly I See” – KT Tunstall
- “Keep Your Head Up” – Andy Grammar
These songs will be sure to put a smile on your face even if life has smacked you around a bit. And as much as we’d love to choose all of them for our favorite, we had to go with only one.
Our Favorite Happy Song About Life
In this song, the introduction is so perky and child-like in innocence that you can’t help but have a better outlook on life. And who doesn’t want to feel so happy that you’re on top of the world?
Well, that’s why we went with Imagine Dragon’s “On Top of the World.” And evidently,marketing expertsalso love the song because it has been featured in EA Sports’s FIFA 13 game, the inauguration of Barack Obama, and a Galaxy Note advertisement.
Happy Songs About Love
Ah, love! Sure, love can break your heart, but love can send you soaring into the stratosphere, too!
We’ll be focusing on the positive aspects of falling in love and saving the down-and-out “my baby left me” playlists for another post.
We opted for upbeat tunes akin to that feeling you get when you first fall in love. After all, when two people are in love, they feel like they can conquer the world and anything coming their way.
Be sure to include this playlist in your happy song collection!
Here’s our list of the 20 best happy songs about love:
- “Stupid Love” – Lady Gaga
- “Crazy in Love” – Beyonce/Jay-Z
- “Livin’ On A Prayer” – Bon Jovi
- “Dreams” – The Cranberries
- “Crazy Little Thing Called Love” – Queen
- “I Want You Back” – Jackson 5
- “Feel So Close” – Calvin Harris
- “Teenage Dream” – Katy Perry
- “You Can’t Hurry Love” – The Supremes
- “Your Love” – The Outfield
- “It Takes Two” – Marvin Gaye/Kim Weston
- “(Your Love Keeps Lifting Me) Higher and Higher” – Jackie Wilson
- “A Sky Full of Stars” – Coldplay
- “I Melt With You” – Modern English
- “Friday I’m In Love” – The Cure
- “Domino” – Jessie J
- “December, 1963 (Oh, What A Night)” – Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons
- “Never Gonna Give You Up” – Rick Astley
- “Uptown Girl” – Billy Joel
- “Got To Be Real” – Cheryl Lynn
We’re sure that these love songs will solidify your relationship. And who knows, if you’re looking for love, these may help you find that certain someone.
Once more, selecting one from this list of hits is challenging. But in the end, we went with an oldy but goody. And here’s a hint: it was the starting band for the future King of Pop!
Our Favorite Happy Song About Love
The winner is “I Want You Back” by the Jackson 5! The song features Michael Jackson at the ripe old age of ten! Even in his youth, fans knew he was destined for superstardom.
We love the Motown groove on this track that shines like a diamond and will have you feeling happy in no time flat.
And even though Michael is crooning about having his lover come back, the mood is so upbeat that you know he’ll win her over in no time.
Best Wake Up Songs
Even the happiest person in the world sometimes needs help waking up in the morning. And we also know that everyone has varying ideas of how they should wake up.
Some people like a jolt of adrenaline-laced music followed by vats of hot coffee. These individuals probably like jumping into cold showers, too.
Others prefer to ease into the morning and therefore want soft, easy-listening music to accompany their cheery breakfast. And their showers must be piping hot!
Whichever camp you fall into, our twenty best wake up songs will be a must for your morning routine!
- “Viva La Vida” – Coldplay
- “Wake Me Up” – Avicii
- “Downtown” – Macklemore/Ryan Lewis
- “Lovely Day” – Bill Withers
- “Elevate” – St. Lucia
- “Can’t Sleep Love” – Pentatonix
- “Confident” – Demi Lovato
- “Wake Up” – Arcade Fire
- “Here Comes The Sun” – The Beatles
- “Love Myself” – Hailee Steinfeld
- “Money On My Mind” – Sam Smith
- “I Can’t Help It” – Esperanza Spalding
- “Come And Get It” – John Newman
- “Ain’t Nobody (Love Me Better)” – Felix Jaehn
- “Feel Right” – Mark Ronson
- “Brave” – Sarah Bareilles
- “Rather Be” – Clean Bandit
- “Reflections” – MisterWives
- “Warm Blood” – Carly Rae Jepsen
- “iLoveMemphis” – Hit The Quan
So rub the sleep from your eyes, fling the covers off, and play these morning songs to get you moving and in a happy state of being.
Our Favorite Song To Wake Up To
We felt that Bill Withers’s “Lovely Day” is the best song for both wake-up camps. The drum and bass line are sure to get the blood flowing through those tired muscles.
The lyrics are so upbeat that even if you tossed and turned all night, you’ll be in a better mood once you reflect on the words.
And the chorus is so catchy that you’ll be belting it out at the top of your lungs in the shower. Yes, even if you prefer a cold one!
Happiest Wedding Songs Of All Time
Have you ever been to a sad wedding or one that played dull melancholic music? Neither have we!
Weddings are the crowning achievement of lovers who vow to become one and promise to love forever and ever!
Such blissfulness demands happy, upbeat, optimistic, love-inspired songs! We have gathered together the best songs for the happy occasion!
These are perfect for slow dancing with the one you love or jamming with friends on the dance floor!
Here’s our list of the 20 happiest weddings songs of all time:
- “A Thousand Years” – The Piano Guys
- “This Will Be (An Everlasting Love)” – Natalie Cole
- “All You Need Is Love” – The Beatles
- “The Prayer” – Josh Groban
- “You Are the Best Thing” – Ray LaMontagne
- “Sea of Love” – Phil Phillips
- “When I Say I Do” – Matthew West
- “Fairytale” – Enya
- “God Only Knows” – The Beach Boys
- “Bittersweet Symphony” (music only) – The Verve
- “Celebration” – Kool and the Gang
- “Amazed” – Lonestar
- “When I Fall In Love” – Nat King Cole
- “You’re the Inspiration” – Chicago
- “Shout” – Isley Brothers
- “Stand By Me” – Ben E. King
- “Like A Star” – Corinne Bailey Rae
- “Because You Loved Me” – Celine Dion
- “Your Song” – Elton John
- “XO” – Beyonce
Whether you select the slow instrumental song by The Piano Guys or the Motown classic “Stand By Me,” we know these songs will make any wedding the happiest ever!
Our Favorite Happy Wedding Song
We chose a timeless dance song that is a guaranteed crowd-pleaser. The song is “Celebration” by Kool and the Gang and was released in1980.
This chart-topping hit has been a popular wedding and party song for over four decades, and we’re confident that it will be famous for years to come! This song is ideal for “breaking the ice” and getting everyone up and dancing!
Happy Songs to Sing-Along To
Many of the songs we’ve already listed are great sing-along songs, so the trick was finding more great music without duplicating ourselves.
Aside from being upbeat songs whose subject is positive, we needed music with that memorable chorus that is easy to sing.
Whether you aspire to be a professional singer or you’re more comfortable being a shower superstar, these following songs are a must for your sing-along playlist.
Here’s our list of the 20 best happy songs to sing along to:
- “Party In The USA” – Miley Cyrus
- “Come On Eileen” – Dexys Midnight Runners
- “I’m Coming Out” – Diana Ross
- “All Star” – Smash Mouth
- “Levitation” – Dua Lipa
- “Livin’ La Vida Loca” – Ricky Martin
- “Love Shack” – The B52s
- “Take On Me” – A-ha
- “Build Me Up Buttercup” – The Foundations
- “I Won’t Give Up” – Jason Mraz
- “Cecilia” – Simon & Garfunkle
- “Sweet Caroline” – Neal Diamond
- “Good As Hell” – Lizzo
- “If You Want To Sing Out” – Cat Stevens
- “Like A Prayer” – Madonna
- “Brown Eyed Girl” – Van Morrison
- “I Will Survive” – Gloria Gaynor
- “Hey Jude” – The Beatles
- “I Think We’re Alone Now” – Tommy James & the Shondells
- “Mr. Brightside” – The Killers
No doubt these songs will have you singing along in pure joy! We’ve only scratched the surface of great sing-along songs, so share your top pick in the comments below.
Our Favorite Song To Sing-Along To
We opted for a song that is popular at karaoke bars and is sung around the world by sports fans atWembley Stadiumand Fenway Park, to mention a few.
“Sweet Caroline” by Neal Diamond came out in 1969, and although it’s a love song, the anthemic chorus is perfect for sing-alongs.
So whether you’re crooning at a karaoke venue or cheering on your favorite sports team, “Sweet Caroline” is a great tune to belt with full gusto!
Happy Drinking Songs
Who doesn’t love raising a pint with friends? Whether it’s to cheer on your sports team or celebrate one of life’s milestones, drinking songs go hand-in-hand with lifting a mixed drink.
Our focus is on being happy, so we’ll avoid drinking songs about being miffed at life or getting wasted to forget that “certain someone.” These will be classic bar tunes, some stretching back many years, perfect for good times with friends.
- “Streams of Whiskey” – The Pogues
- “Brass Monkey” – Beastie Boys
- “White Lightning” – George Jones
- “Tequila” – The Champs
- “Friends in Low Places” – Garth Brooks
- “Drunken Lullabies” – Flogging Molly
- “Shots” – LMFAO
- “Happy Hour” – The Housemartins
- “Whiskey River” – Willie Nelson
- “One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer” – George Thorogood
- “I Like Beer” – Tom T. Hall
- “Beer” – People Under The Stairs
- “I Think I’ll Just Stay Here And Drink” – Merle Haggard
- “Have A Drink On Me” – AC/DC
- “Cheers (Drink To That)” – Rihanna
- “Shot for Me” – Drake
- “One Mint Julep” – Louis Prima
- “Cigareetes, Whisky, and Wild, Wild Women” – Sons of the Pioneers
- “Beer For My Horses” – Toby Keith/Willie Nelson
- “You Me and the Bottle Makes 3 Tonight” – Big Bad Voodoo Daddy
These drinking songs could also be categorized as sing-alongs, primarily when good times and good drinks flow!
Our Favorite Happy Drinking Song
We chose The Pogues’ “Streams of Whiskey” for our favorite happy drinking song.
The song’s Anglo-Irish band’s Celtic feel conjures images of smoky pubs from Ireland to London where pints are raised, and the whiskey flows like streams.
The upbeat music and the catchy chorus will have you singing along in no time!
We hope you’ve enjoyed our lists of the best happy songs of all time!
We think we’ve created the perfect playlists for when you’re feeling blue, need to wake up, or celebrating life at a pub with friends.
What’s the best happy song of all time, in your opinion? Leave a comment below.
Some of these happy songs even emulate the carefree freedom of a great road trip (CRUISR's "Go For It," Cyndi Lauper's "Girls Just Want to Have Fun"). Songs like "Walking on Sunshine," by Katrina and the Waves, and "Here Comes the Sun," by the Beatles, might even inspire you to soak up some vitamin D outdoors.What is the most uplifting song? ›
- “ Don't Stop Me Now”, Queen, 1978.
- “ Dancing Queen”, ABBA, 1976.
- “ Good Vibrations”, The Beach Boys, 1966.
- “ Uptown Girl”, Billy Joel, 1983.
- “ Eye of the Tiger”, Survivor, 1982.
- “ I'm a Believer”, The Monkees, 1966.
- “ ...
- BLACKPINK - 'Ice Cream (with Selena Gomez)' M/V. ...
- LMFAO - Party Rock Anthem ft. ...
- Pharrell Williams - Happy (Official Music Video) ...
- Jet - Are You Gonna Be My Girl. ...
- Outkast - Hey Ya! ( ...
- The Merrymen - Feeling Hot Hot Hot. ...
- Macarena - Original version. ...
- Smash Mouth - All Star (Official Music Video)
- 1. ' Sunday Morning' by Maroon 5.
- 2. ' Good Vibrations' by The Beach Boys.
- 3. ' Roll With It' by Oasis.
- 4. ' Happy' by Pharrell Williams.
- 'Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go' by Wham!
- 6. ' Walking on Sunshine' by Katrina and the Waves.
- 7. ' Breathe Deeper' by Tame Impala.
- 8. '
- “Stay Flo” by Solange.
- “Sexual Healing-Kygo Remix” by Marvin Gaye, Kygo.
- “You Make Me Wanna…” by Usher.
- “You Got to Feed The Fire” by Ann Peebles.
- “Two Winters Long” by Irma Thomas.
- “Dilemma” by Nelly, Kelly Rowland.
- “Back From The Hospital” by Hot Sugar.
- “Man On My Mind” by Cornelia Murr.
- Good Vibrations - Remastered 2001The Beach Boys.
- RiptideVance Joy.
- Young FolksPeter Bjorn and John.
- Lets Go SurfingThe Drums.
- Home - 2019 - RemasterEdward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros.
- Upside DownJack Johnson.
- That LifeUnknown Mortal Orchestra.
- Is This LoveBob Marley & The Wailers.
- Good Vibrations (The Beach Boys)
- Uptown Girl (Billie Joel)
- Eye of the Tiger (Survivor)
- I'm a Believer (The Monkees)
- Girls Just Wanna Have Fun (Cyndi Lauper)
- Livin' on a Prayer (Jon Bon Jovi)
- I Will Survive (Gloria Gaynor)
- Walking on Sunshine (Katrina & The Waves)
- 1 of 20. “Time Of Our Lives” by Pitbull featuring Ne-Yo. ...
- 2 of 20. “Live Your Life” by T.I. featuring Rihanna. ...
- 3 of 20. “Beautiful Day” by U2. ...
- 4 of 20. “Where's the Fun in Forever” by Miguel. ...
- 5 of 20. “Unwritten” by Natasha Bedingfield. ...
- 6 of 20. “Alright” by Ledisi. ...
- 7 of 20. ...
- 8 of 20.
- Sunrise- Kygo feat. John Walker. ...
- Millionaire- Cash Cash & Digital Farm Animals. Must be the MONEY!! ...
- Make Way- Aloe Blacc. Legendary! ...
- All The Way Up- Fat Joe. ...
- Ain't Got Far To Go- Jess Glynne. ...
- Good Morning- Max Frost. ...
- Rise- Jonas Blue feat. ...
- Good as Hell- Lizzo.
- Unholy (feat. Kim Petras)Sam Smith, Kim Petras.
- I'm Good (Blue)David Guetta, Bebe Rexha.
- Made You LookMeghan Trainor.
- CUFF ITBeyoncé
- FlowersMiley Cyrus.
- Don't Blame MeTaylor Swift.
- WomanDoja Cat.
- Super Freaky GirlNicki Minaj.
- I'm Good (Blue)David Guetta, Bebe Rexha.
- As It WasHarry Styles.
- Blinding LightsThe Weeknd.
- 10:35Tiësto, Tate McRae.
- One Kiss (with Dua Lipa)Calvin Harris, Dua Lipa.
- STAY (with Justin Bieber)The Kid LAROI, Justin Bieber.
- Locked out of HeavenBruno Mars.
- There's Nothing Holdin' Me BackShawn Mendes.
- FlowersMiley Cyrus.
- Shakira: Bzrp Music Sessions, Vol. 53Bizarrap, Shakira.
- Kill BillSZA.
- Creepin' (with The Weeknd & 21 Savage)Metro Boomin, The Weeknd, 21 Savage.
- Unholy (feat. Kim Petras)Sam Smith, Kim Petras.
- As It WasHarry Styles.
- I'm Good (Blue)David Guetta, Bebe Rexha.
- Anti-HeroTaylor Swift.
Since 31 December 2022, The Weeknd's Blinding Lights is the most-streamed song of all time on Spotify.What is the biggest song of 2022 so far? ›
|1||AS IT WAS||HARRY STYLES|
|2||BAD HABITS||ED SHEERAN|
|3||PERU||FIREBOY DML & ED SHEERAN|
Music can relieve stress, decrease blood pressure, increase productivity, and even improve your IQ. Let's face it, if there's one thing we can agree on, it's that music makes life better.What's a good song to start the day with? ›
Imagine Dragons – “On Top of the World” Israel “IZ” Kamakawiwo'ole – “Somewhere Over the Rainbow” & “What a Wonderful World” medly. Bob Marley – “Don't Worry, Be Happy” Taylor Swift – “Shake it Off”What a song can make you feel? ›
The subjective experience of music across cultures can be mapped within at least 13 overarching feelings: amusement, joy, eroticism, beauty, relaxation, sadness, dreaminess, triumph, anxiety, scariness, annoyance, defiance, and feeling pumped up.What songs get rid of anxiety? ›
- All of the Stars - Ed Sheeran.
- Beautiful - Christina Aguilera.
- Born This Way - Lady Gaga.
- Don't Stop Believin' - Journey.
- FireFly - Ed Sheeran.
- Fooling Yourself - Styx.
- GIRL - Maren Morris.
- Grand Illusion - Styx.
- “Sirius” by Alan Parsons Project.
- “Howlin' for You” by The Black Keys.
- “List of Demands” by Saul Williams.
- “Crazy Train” by Ozzy Osbourne.
- “Stronger” by Kanye West.
- “Sleep Now in the Fire” by Rage Against the Machine.
- “Back in Black” by AC/DC.
- “Party Up (Up in Here)” by DMX.
- Laundry (feat. Monroe Flow) ...
- Having Our Way (feat. Drake) ...
- Never Left. Never Left. ...
- Grand Nash Chronicles (feat. Trae tha Truth) ...
- Bag (feat. Takeoff) ...
- No Return (feat. The Kid LAROI & Lil Durk) ...
- In My Feelings (feat. Quavo & Young Dolph) ...
- On Sight. On Sight.
- #1: "The Twist" by Chubby Checker.
- #2: "Smooth" by Santana (featuring Rob Thomas) (1999)
- #3: "Mack the Knife" by Bobby Darin (1959)
- #4: "Uptown Funk" by Mark Ronson (featuring Bruno Mars) (2015)
- #5: "How Do I Live" by Leann Rimes (1997)
- Circle of Life from Lion King. ...
- You Make My Dreams by Daryl Hall & John Oates. ...
- I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles) by The Proclaimers. ...
- Sorry by Justin Bieber. ...
- Signed, Sealed, Delivered (I'm Yours) by Stevie Wonder. ...
- Love On Top by Beyonce. ...
- Uptown Funk by Mark Ronson & Bruno Mars. ...
- Someone New by Hozier.
- Party Rock Anthem – LMFAO.
- I Gotta Feeling – Black Eyed Peas.
- Everywhere – Fleetwood Mac.
- Marry You – Bruno Mars.
- Beautiful Day – U2.
- Greatest Day – Take That.
- I Predict a Riot – The Kaiser Chiefs.
- Crazy in Love – Beyonce.
Classical and softer music, for instance, may have a calming, stress-relieving effect, whereas hard rock could have the opposite effect.What music makes you remember more? ›
Other studies have found that classical music enhances memory retrieval, including Alzheimer's and dementia patients. The thought is that the classical music helps fire off synapses, creating or re-energizing, brain pathways previously left dormant.What are some unique songs? ›
- Peggy Lee – A Brown Bird Singing. ...
- The Saints – Swing For The Crime. ...
- Stan Ridgway – A Mission In Life. ...
- Vince Staples – Señorita. ...
- Sons of Kemet – The Book of Disquiet. ...
- Rotary Connection – Didn't Want To Have To Do It. ...
- Catalyst – Perception. ...
- Manchester Orchestra – The Mansion.
Marconi Union's “Weightless” is literally the most calming song in the world– at least according to neuroscientists.What songs have high vibrations? ›
- Electric LoveBØRNS.
- I NEED YOUJon Batiste.
- Wait a Minute! WILLOW.
- ChemicalsSG Lewis.
- YouthGlass Animals.
- JuiceYoung Franco, Pell.
- Summertime In ParisJaden, WILLOW.
- “Yesterday” by The Beatles. ...
- “Hallelujah” by Leonard Cohen. ...
- “(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction” by The Rolling Stones: ...
- “My Way” by Frank Sinatra. ...
- “Over the Rainbow” by Harold Arlen and Yip Harburg, sung by Judy Garland.
The Guinness World Records named the holiday single "White Christmas" (1942) by Bing Crosby as the best-selling single worldwide. According to Guinness, "White Christmas" sold over 50 million copies. The single is known as the "best-selling single of all time".